Thursday, July 2, 2009

Something Else...

If you entered to win a blog makeover by me, here are the things that are included:

1. Header - This is the large graphic which appears at the top of your blog page. This will always include your blog name, but I can also include a second “tag-line” or slogan. Please bear in mind that it can be difficult to make very long slogans “work” and sometimes it is necessary to place this extra information somewhere else on the page (sidebar widgets work well)
2. Background (2 Column or 3 Column) - The background is the “wallpaper” which sits behind your text/post and sidebar. These are optimized for a 22 inch screen. At your request, I can make them fit a smaller screen size. However, I don’t recommend this as it reduces the viewing pleasure of those who are lucky enough to have large screen sizes :)
3. Footer - Footer - The footer is a decorative divider which can be modified to include your copyright information or contact details. This sits at the bottom of the page.
4. Blog Button - These boxes contain html data which your site visitors can copy if they want to take your link button. It is a good way of allowing your followers and fans to spread the word about your website. These buttons are always customised to your own blog.
5. Header Menu - This is a small menu (typically maximum of 5 buttons) which goes across the page underneath the header. It is a good place to put links to your most important information. If you decide to order one of these, I will need to know the URL that you want each button to point to and also the text that you want me to put on the button.
6. Navigational menu - This works just like a navigation panel on a website and are useful when referring people to your contact details or to certain posts. Whether you decide on a header menu or navigation menu really depends on personal preference, type and amount of information that you want to link to and what I think will work best. If you decide to order one of these, I will need to know the URL that you want each button to point to and also the text that you want me to put on the button.
7. Signature graphics – This is a small graphic which can be placed with your signature. Generally speaking something that looks like a handwritten signature works well with a simple graphic.
8. Buttons – I can make buttons linking to your Twitter or Flickr accounts etc. These tend to be slightly larger than the regular buttons in order to attract more attention.
9. Widget labels – These labels are placed above your sidebar widgets, such as your “followers” or “about me” box. These are a great way to emphasize your sidebar information. If you order widget labels I will need to know where the label goes (it isn’t always obvious) and also the text that you want me to put on the label.
10. Post divider – This is a small decorative divider that goes directly underneath your signature.

For you, the lucky person who wins, you will need to have e-mail, or completely trust me (I can absolutely promise I wouldn't do ANYTHING!) to have your username and password. If there is something I mentioned above that you don't want (Like if you don't want a button or something), just tell me when I announce the winner, and I will not include it in the set. Thank you to everyone who is entering!!!

THE DEADLINE IS TOMORROW!!!




No comments: