Monday, August 29, 2011

Fun Fonts!

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for so long... I post regularly on my normal blog, so if you feel like it, go on over and leave some love!

Anyway, here's a tutorial of sorts on how to use some cool new fonts in Blogger!

First off, I am using the Blogger in Draft, so if you don't have that installed, please see here.

Also, these picture might be a little small, so if you need them bigger just click on them!

OK! Now, go to make a new post {Dashboard>Orange 'create new post' button}. Now type something!

 Now highlight the text, and pick a font {really, pick any font!}:
I just picked Arial, but you can pick any font you'd like!

Now switch from 'Compose' to 'HTML'.
See where it says "font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"? Good, so DELETE the part that says "Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif". Do NOT delete the ";". That is an extremely crucial part!!! If you picked a different font, it won't say Arial. It might say Georgia, Times, Verdana, Trebuchet, Courier, or whatever you picked!

You MUST delete everything after the "font family:", until the ";". It will look something like this once you're done: "font-family: whateverfontyouwanthere;"

So once you delete that line, add whatever font you want! This has worked with every font I have tried. Try these: Amelie, Another Typewriter, HaloHandLetter, David, Adobe Caslon Pro, and whatever other fonts you want to try! For this tutorials sake, I'm just going to use Amelie. So just type {right after "font-family:"} Amelie, and go back to 'Compose' mode!
You can then adjust from there the color, size, and whatever else!

I hope this tutorial worked for you! Leave a comment if you try it!
The tutorial at work :)

5 comments:

mary ann said...

I love Halo Handletter! Thank you so much for this tutorial - I am definitely going to start using Blogger in Draft! :)

Unknown said...

That is really cool! Thanks! :)

Gracie said...

I can't get it to work. But I do love blogger draft

Gracie

therainbowinspiration.blogspot.com

Katie said...

@Gracie, I couldn't get it to work either..but then I tried my favorite font that i installed on my computer. That worked. So try a font that you have installed. :)

tasha said...

Thank you so much for that!! It was really easy to understand. I've been trying to work out how to do that for ages x