Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tutorial: Screenshots

Some people wondered how I took pictures of my computer screen (Example here). Here's how!

Option a) You could go to this video on YouTube and watch it or

Option b) You could just read how I do it :)

O.K., let's go with option b :)

1. First, go to the screen you wish to take a picture of.
2. If you don't already have it, download Paint (Just to clarify, NOT Paint.Net, just Paint).
3. Go back to the page you wish to print.
4. On your keyboard (Near the top) you should see a button that says 'PrtSc' which means Print Screen.

5. Press and hold (Hold for maybe 2 seconds).
6. Go back to paint and click on Edit. Select Paste:

(Click on the picture to enlarge :)
7. Your image should pop up in Paint!
8. To edit (Crop, resize etc...), you must Save As and upload your image to photobucket (Or another image hosting site).
9. You're done!!!

Yay! So how did it work for everyone? Tell me if your tried it!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks for following Faith around the world!!!
I'm Megan the Main Author.
Have a Happy summer,
Megan

Rachel said...

Hi Emily! This site is great! First visit! =:D I can't wait to look through all your stuff on here! =:) Thanks for doing this tutorial! I have been wondering lately how people have been doing that! I am NOT very good with computer stuff so I wouldn't have had a clue how to do it! Now I can! So thank you! =:D

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Megan said...

I make my backgrounds at; www.scrapblog.com
then I have to resize them then upload them to www.photobucket.com then I get a direct link for photo bucket and I'm done!

If you want detailed instructions please e-mail me a jennaandme@gmail.com.

I'm glad you like the Green and Brown background I made! =)

~Megan

Emily Shae said...

That's awesome.....great tutorial!

Tessa said...

ok that is really cool! Thanks! i tried and it worked!